Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You're it!

I've been tagged! First tag, that too. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Get it together, man.)
Blog Tag.
Last movie seen in a theatre:
The Spiderwick Chronicles, with cousins. I was the only one who had read the little books and knew what to expect. The ones who had come there expecting another Lord of the Rings had to put on polite, strained smiles when I told them later that I enjoyed the movie. :)

What book are you reading?
A Feast for Crows, by George RR Martin

Favourite board game:
Life! Oh man, the number of fights I've been in over those games. All loud, and some physical. Somehow, the excuse "I was a kid back then!" doesn't rob me of all the shame.

Favourite magazine:
*thinks hard* I dunno, does Google Reader count?

Favourite smells:
Crushed mango leaves. Mum's pakodas that I can smell even before I enter the house. Jalapeños soaked in vinegar. And clichéd as it may be, mallige hoovu.

Favourite sounds:
Gates squealing as someone enters the house. Trees swaying to the wind. NOT the incessant cooing of the idiot bird outside my window which does it all night.

Worst feeling in the world:
Despair. Numbness.

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
I wonder whether getting up half an hour later would really be the end of me. And then act on my realisations.

Favourite fast food place:
Adiga's for their Idli-vada-sambhar. Subway for pretty much everything. (Especially the Spicy Italian sandwich. You should try it!) And Sreenivasa Cool Corner on the way to pati's house for the Masala Puris and the Masala Thumbs Ups.

Future child’s name:
Definitely not Karpusaamy.

Finish this statement, “If I had a lot of money I’d…”
Give it all away to charity.
Not!

Do you drive fast?
On my cycle? Oh, definitely!

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Erm, no.

Storms - Cool or Scary?
Cool. Like when a cyclone almost hit Madras, devastation reigned supreme and a tree fell on my window.

Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
In Chinese food, yes.

If you could dye your hair any colour, what would be your choice?
It would have to be either bubblegum pink or the way evolution made it.

Name all the different cities/towns you have lived in:
Bangalore, Delhi, Bangalore, Madras, Urbana and Chapel Hill.

Favourite sports to watch:
Football! And IPL when the Royal Challengers are losing playing.

One nice thing about the person who sent this to you:
MM can get you laughing in no time. One of the most creative people I know. And she's really pretty. :)

What’s under your bed?
A HUGE suitcase, two dumbbells that have never been used, and half the dirt on campus. I'm sure that intelligent life is evolving there right now as I write.

Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Yeah, like living my fascinating life once isn't enough.

Morning person or night owl?
Night Owl. It hurts my feelings that you even had to ask.

Over easy or sunny side up?
Erm. Well done?

Favourite place to relax:
Room. Home. Saras. The couch when I'm at home.
(I know that this wasn't asked, but I am usually most comfortable like this. :) )

Favourite pie:
Lemon meringue.

Favourite ice cream flavour:
Chocolate. Butterscotch earlier. Prefer other desserts to ice cream.

You pass this tag to –
Pops, KVM, Jayanth, Aquila and Vaishnavi.

Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first?
No clue. Everyone seems to be so busy these days. Theses and exams and vivas. Pah.

2 comments:

MM said...

Hilarious! Had me laughing out loud in the office. :D

And Congratulations... You were the first to respond!!
You've just won yourself...

nothing.

Sorry. Except my hearty congratulations. Take them, please, with my good wishes.

Mohan K.V said...

I love the dripping sarcasm!

And 'intelligent life is evolving there as I write' :D